Narrative Sequence

Narrative Sequence
Narrative photography is the idea that photographs can be used to create a story. Narrative sequence is when a series of images are put together into a column and make a story. Images below are examples of narrative sequence. 


Planning Shoot
For my narrative sequence shoot I am going to use two people walking opposite ways through a corridor or down a path passing each other, one person being on the phone and the other person as they pass looks back at the girl/boy on the phone with confusion. I will capture my narrative sequence in black and white to help create a mysterious effect.

My Narrative Sequence
Below are my narrative sequences, I captured 6 images to then create a collage to show the story being told. I edited my images into Black and White in Photoshop just like the example above my images being black and white give my narrative a old fashioned, moody affect to my story unlike the collage thats in colour. I feel my narrative sequence is very successful, it tells the story I planned. I like my narrative because each image show a good depth of field and show clearly what is happening.  One thing I would change about my narrative is using a tripod for my final outcome. My first example of narrative sequence (seen below) some images are blurry because I haven't used a tripod, there is camera movement in two of my images. Overall my first example of narrative sequence I feel is successful and does show a clear story. 

Final Outcome
For my final outcome I am going to create another narrative sequence as my final project. The reason I am going to re create another narrative sequence is because my first outcome (seen above) some images are seen blurry, this may be because I didn't use a tripod when capturing my images, this is something I will learn from and when I retake my images I will use a tripod so there is no camera movement creating blurry images.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinhole Photography: Sir David Brewster

Unit 7 Resubmission

After Effects